The shopping bug got me! It suddenly came over me and I had no control but to shop. I have been looking for a cotton sarong since I had arrived in Bali last week.
We stopped at this little house on the beach front down towards the only high rise in Sanur. There was a sign saying 'Lenny' on the house and there was 3 small stalls.
The woman at the back of the house was refreshing and gentle with a lovely smile...i wanted to spend my money at her shop! After much looking, trying on, lots of nods and smiles I walked away with a beautiful purple cotton sarong and a very cute Bali shirt for Phoenix. I was her first customer for the day and it was already mid afternoon. I watched her do the first sale ceremony blessing where you brush the money over the things in your shop. I was happy to have supported this lovely woman, this was the first time in my life that I did not barter.
Further down on the board walk we came to a row of stalls on the beach front.
Here we found the drum for Phoenix which we wanted to get for his birthday and Mike got a beer cooler. We did barter this time.
Later while Mike went walking with the pram to put Phoenix asleep,I went shopping on my own...oh boy the Balinese are desperate for a sale....'come look in my shop' it is a mantra i have heard so much over this last week. And when you look in one shop you need to be ready to look in all of them, so I had to find some thing I liked from nearly every shop in a quiet row just off the beach until the money run out in my purse. Again i was the first sale.
I wished i could buy something from every one, it seems that the tourist are not shopping and they are only eating and drinking.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment