Monday, June 22, 2009

Phoenix...our beautiful baby boy!

Hi All photos of our boy!
Phoenix Tai Dwyer was born by c-section on the 3rd of May 2009 at 4.50am in the morning after a very long labour!!!.
His godparents and 3 beautiful girl friends were present and supported both Mike and I during the labour. Phoenix demanded to me that he was to be born in sacred space.
And so a circle was created in the Tweed birthing unit, much to the surprise of the midwives, at how many helpers were present. 1 mother, 3 maidens and 2 brothers all surrounded the birthing maiden(ME). I was massaged, rubbed, many gentle kisses on my body, hot packs on my back. There was always a hand to hold when the pain became unbearable! And voices of angels singing ancient songs.
12 HOURS LATER.....we had to do a c-section....so it be.....I sign away on the dotted line during a contraction...........
Once the epidural kicked in I was in Heaven, tension melted away and all I could feel was the pull of my baby boy being born from my belly!
Even now the emotions of that moment swell tears in my eyes, and melt my heart. I was now a mother, and here before me was my Baby boy....Joy was my feeling. Both Mike and I cried for Joy, it was as if time stood still as all our eyes meet each others for the first time.
We are now a family of 3.
A union a long time coming......
How blessed we are for recieving this beautiful boy to raise into an amazing man, that he will be one day.
Already he has pushed me....early morning feeds when we have hardly slept, not feeding on the boob as well as we could, it is all a learning experience.
Parenthood is the hardest journey and the biggest shock I have ever encountered!!
Now after 7 weeks we are settling in well, sleeping more, and getting the hang of breast feeding..only Just!!!!
Mike is a wonderful nurturing supportive husband and daddy!
Phoenix has chosen well the life he is now living......Clever Boy!


Thank you everyone for your love & support; meals, phones calls, cards, gifts and even money for Phoenix's bank account!

much love
LOU, MIKE & PHOENIX

No comments: